Do you have an ambition to develop products and play a key role in a growing organisation? Are you eager to learn about the technology behind the BRB products and their application, while providing innovative solutions to technical challenges? Are you result-driven and highly organized? Then we are looking for you, join our team!
As our Research Scientist, you are responsible for carrying out and managing research projects within the R&D Silicones team. The work is diverse and you will be handling a variety of projects simultaneously.
Your work will include the research and development of new and existing silicone-based polymers and emulsions while proposing solutions to technical challenges. Meanwhile you interpret project requirements and determine the experimental approach. Furthermore, you carry out a wide range of physical and chemical tests in house and through our extensive network of testing partners. You collect, analyze, report and derive insight from these results.
You also keep track of costs, safety and regulatory aspects and you assist the technical implementation of new products into manufacturing. You identify opportunities in terms of efficiency, method development, products and technology thereby promoting continuous improvement and innovation.
About 70% of your time, you will be doing hands-on research in the lab and you handle your tasks in an effective and timely manner, prioritizing and meeting deadlines. The rest of your time will mainly be spent doing literature research, working on projects and offering technical support to production or customers.
The team you will join is based at our European R&D Centre, located in the Netherlands. The divers team is fairly small and consists of five colleagues (three product development chemists, one lab technician and you, our research scientist). The working language is English. In this position you report directly to the line manager.
We offer you the chance to learn about BRB products and their application through extensive training and mentorship.
The acquisition by PETRONAS offers you the best of both worlds. The advantages of a large corporate organization, but the freedom to get started with your own ideas in an entrepreneurial environment. Besides the activities, we nurture your ambition.
We also offer:
• a good salary matching your knowledge and skills;
• a position for at least 32 hours per week, but 40 hours is preferred given the workload;
• after the introductory period, it is possible to work one day from home;
• bonus scheme of up to 2 months’ salaries;
• 8% holiday allowance, 29 vacation days and 2 extra days if you don’t have sick leave for a calendar year;
• the ability to purchase up to 5 additional leave days per year;
• reimbursement of your daily travel costs, 21 cents per km with a maximum of 50 km for a single journey;
• pension plan (defined contribution scheme) with only 4% employee contribution and WGA gap and supplementary insurance;
• company laptop;
• free fruit at our offices;
• staff events with just a little more. For example, an annual company party, Christmas event and every two weeks BRB treats to cake regularly for celebrating the birthdays of their employees.
Because the team is relatively small, we are looking for a responsible team player who is highly organized, results-driven and eager to learn. You have the right drive and a high degree of enthusiasm. Someone who wants to learn and develop themselves while actively contributing to the growth of BRB.
You have proven analytical skills and can propose creative solutions to overcome setbacks. Furthermore, have an eye for detail, follow procedures and work safely and accurately. Working effectively and adapt under changing circumstances suits you well. You demonstrate good time management and focus on results without compromising quality. Last but not least, you enjoy working in the lab, being part of a small team and contribute constructively to discussions.
What else do you bring:
• Minimum three years of experience in product development;
• Preferably you have a PhD or equivalent degree in the field of (organic) chemistry or material sciences or you have a master’s degree supplemented by at least two years of work experience;
• Hands-on experience with synthesis, physical and chemical analysis in a lab environment is required;
• Prior experience in project management with complex variables is beneficial;
• Ability to handle a variety of projects;
• Proficiency in English, both written and oral is essential, knowledge of the Dutch language is beneficial.
Are you attracted to this challenging research and development position and do you fit the profile? Then we would like to meet you! Apply for the position of Research Scientist by clicking on the apply button. Do you have any questions, or would you like to know more? Please feel free to contact Ingrid Cornelissen via 06-28266355.
Since we expect to be able to fill this vacancy ourselves, we only accept candidates who apply directly to us.
BRB International BV is a worldwide producer of chemicals, silicones and additives. By providing great flexibility and short delivery times, we differentiate ourselves from larger competitors. We also focus on R&D, global supply and our unique customizable products. From our facilities in Ittervoort, products are sold worldwide. Besides that, the organization has facilities in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, South Africa, Brazil, Turkey, Canada, Dubai, Germany and Poland. Our customers are in a diverse range of industries, including automotive, oil/petrochemical, personal care and construction.
During the past 40 years, BRB International has grown from a small business to an international operating organization with over 400 employees and 16 locations worldwide.
The involvement of our employees is great. They rate us with an 8.1 and we are proud of that. Do you want to know more about us? Then visit our website.
Neem contact op met de recruiter